The next meeting of the Wilton Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group will be held on Wednesday February 20th at 7:15pm in Wilton Town Council Chambers.
1. Progress on various aspects;
a) Social Media Presence/ Branding
b) Response from ‘Downton’?
c) Applying for finance ’Expresssion of Interest Forms’
d) Community Centre User Groups
2. Themes for our Neighbourhood Plan
a) Brainstorm possible themes for 5 minutes-write on sheet provided.
b) Discuss themes as a group
c) Prioritise the themes- how many to explore ?
d) Final 6 or agreed number.
e) Link into the Project Plan
3. Dates to themes ? when,where, how to consult ?
4. Identify tasks for next month;
5. Identify a workshop day/morning/afternoon and what we might want to achieve on that day.
Wilton Neighbourhood Plan
Next Meeting Wednesday 16th January 2019 7:15pm
· At the last meeting of the Steering Group we came to the conclusion, that we need to move on rapidly with the creation of the Wilton Neighbourhood Plan in the new year. We have set an 18month/ 2-year timescale to get the plan completed.
· A schedule of meetings has been set for 2019 at one per month but there will probably be a need for other meetings, possibly for the whole group but more likely for pairs of members or smaller groups if the timescale is to be adhered to.
· Schedule of meetings will be as follows.
January-Wednesday 16th 7:15pm Council Chambers
February-Wednesday 20th 7:15pm Council Chambers
March-Wednesday 20th 7:15pm Council Chambers
April- Wednesday 17th 7:15pm Council Chambers
May- Wednesday 15th 7:15pm Council Chambers
June-Wednesday 19th 7:15pm Council Chambers
July-Wednesday 17th 7:15pm Council Chambers
August-Wednesday 7:15pm Council Chambers
September-Wednesday 7:15pm Council Chambers
October-Wednesday 7:15pm Council Chambers
November-Wednesday 7:15pm Council Chambers
December-Wednesday 7:15pm Council Chambers
· The group also feels that a framework is needed to record progress so that agreed milestones can be ticked off if the plan is to be completed within the 18month/2-year time frame. I will try and produce a draft template for this and bring to the meeting.
· During the first three meetings of this year (Jan/Feb/Mar) we need to plan out what groups within the community we are going to contact, what we are going to try and find out from them and how we are going to collect this information. Then we will implement the ‘Scoping Stage’ throughout the summer months ready to begin writing the plan during the autumn of 2019.
· The group will need somebody, possibly 2 members of the Steering Group to begin looking at completing the ‘Expression of Interest Forms’ so that we can get our application for grant finance underway.
· We need to get further details about possibly employing a consultant/consultants to drive the plan forward. Steve Milton (Town Clerk) has sent me details of one such organisation that are willing to come and talk to us about what they may be able to offer, but there will also be others available.
· The group also needs a couple of people to move the ‘Social Media’ side forward. Councillor Lee Glyde is already working on this but may need help. We have briefly discussed branding which we all agree is important, somebody also needs to get this moving so that a ‘Wilton Neighbourhood Plan’ concept is seen in the community and people begin to talk about it.
I look forward to seeing as many of you on Wednesday 16th January.
All information also on the website- www.wiltoneighbourhoodplan.info
The next meeting of the Wilton Neighbourhood Plan will take place on December 5th 2018 at 7:15pm in the Council Chambers.
The Steering Group will be looking at the following;
Some simple practical activities that we might be able arrange within the community to get a bit of a ‘kick start’ into identifying some local issues that might form part of our Neighbourhood Plan.
Also if you have found a Neighbourhood Plan that you feel is useful then bring it along and we can see if parts can be adapted for Wilton.
It would be good if we can find someone within the Steering Group that could begin to look at the forms for applying for some of the money that is available to us Can this be linked to employing a consultant to help drive the Wilton NP forward ?
Finally we will need to agree a schedule of dates for meetings and establish some ‘milestones’ as to when certain tasks need to completed by. Time frame for completion of the Wilton NP , 2 years or 18 months ? Food for thought !!!
The next meeting of the Wilton Neighbourhood Plan Meeting will take place on Wednesday 7th November at 7:15pm in the Council Chamber.
The Steering group will be looking at;
1. The first draft of the Terms of Reference.
2. The setting up of a Facebook Group Page.
3. The Finance available for the creation of a Neighbourhood Plan.
Our next meeting of the Wilton Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group is on Thursday of this week in the Council Chamber at 7:15pm.
A was set note round earlier about Terms of Reference (TOR) as a model for you to work on, add bits/delete/etc… I attach another link which Trevor sent me, worth a look to compare.
Rough Agenda for Thursday 18th.
The next Wilton Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group Meeting has now been re-arranged for Thursday 18th October 2018 at 7:15pm in the Council Chambers.
Wilton Neighbourhood Plan Meeting Wed 12th Sept 2018 7:15pm
At the Wilton Neighbourhood Plan meeting held in the Sports Pavilion on Wednesday 12th September 2018, interested community members heard about the progress to date.
Councillor Ivan Seviour gave a brief recap regarding the public meeting in July. From the names collected on that evening he collated a list of those people willing to sit on the ‘Steering Group’ and those people willing to assist in some way. From these names he has composed a communication/distribution list. Councillor Seviour reminded those present about the Wilton Neighbourhood Plan website:
where current news about the plan will be posted.
A ‘Steering Group’ for the Wilton Neighbourhood Plan was formed but this is currently a flexible list with regard, to names being added or deleted. The ‘Steering Group’ will need to look at appropriate ‘Terms of Reference’.
The group had a general discussion regarding the Neighbourhood Plan process and it was thought that the ‘Wilton Vision’ work in 2010 should not be ignored.
It was felt that as an initial start regarding g the main issues facing Wilton a short survey of views should be sought. If Social Media could be utilised to seek the younger viewpoint this would be advantageous.
Further discussion at the next meeting on Wednesday 19th September- Council Chambers 7:15pm.
Wilton Neighbourhood Plan Meeting
Wednesday 12th September 2018 7:15pm Castle Meadow Pavilion
Many thanks for your attendance and interest in attending the Public Meeting about the Wilton Neighbourhood Plan.
I have spent recent weeks collating the information I collected at that meeting and I now hope you are read the following because of an email that I sent. I was a little unsure of a couple of emails when I was writing then onto my distribution list, so I may need to make a couple of calls to check.
We now need to meet again to form the Steering Group officially and to start looking at issues regarding the Wilton Neighbourhood Plan.
I suggest we meet to form the Steering Group and begin to look at relevant issues on Wednesday 12th September 2018- 7:15pm at the Castle Meadow Pavilion. In the first instance we may need to meet a couple of times per month to get the plan moving.
My suggestion would be;
Wed 12th September- Castle Meadow Pavilion 7:15pm
Wed 19th September Council Chambers 7:15pm
Wed 3rd October Council Chambers 7:15pm
Wed 17th October Council Chambers 7:15pm
Wed 7th November Council Chambers 7:15pm
We 21st November Council Chambers 7:15pm
Wed 5th December Council Chambers 7:15pm
I look forward to hearing from you regarding my suggestion of dates.
I hopefully will have posted the ‘Wilton Vision’ study on the website, in the Resources Section-definitely worth a look.
Cllr.Ivan Seviour (Wilton Town Council)
On the evening of Tuesday 10th July, a Public Meeting was held in the Sports Pavilion on Castle Meadow. The meeting had been well publicised throughout the town by use of Posters, an advert in Valley News, a flyer delivered with Valley news, Spire FM and on Social Media sites.
As a result, the meeting was well attended, and Wilton Town Council was extremely pleased with the response from the local community. The meeting lasted for about an hour and in that time Cllr. Ivan Seviour gave a brief outline of why the Town Council now wants to embark on producing a Neighbourhood Plan. The town plan booklet ‘Wilton Vision’, which was completed in 2010, was a culmination of much hard work by councillors and members of the community and much of the information remains relevant today.
The designation of the Wilton Neighbourhood Plan to include the new developments at Erskine Park and Wilton Hill was a win for common sense and the Town Council did not wish to begin a Neighbourhood Plan unless those areas were included.
Names were collected from interested people at the meeting and a Steering Group will now be formed to take the process forward. Details about the Steering Group and its first meeting will follow shortly.
Any further information can be obtained from;
Cllr. Ivan Seviour - email- firstname.lastname@example.org