Wilton Neighbourhood Plan
Next Meeting Wednesday 16th January 2019 7:15pm
· At the last meeting of the Steering Group we came to the conclusion, that we need to move on rapidly with the creation of the Wilton Neighbourhood Plan in the new year. We have set an 18month/ 2-year timescale to get the plan completed.
· A schedule of meetings has been set for 2019 at one per month but there will probably be a need for other meetings, possibly for the whole group but more likely for pairs of members or smaller groups if the timescale is to be adhered to.
· Schedule of meetings will be as follows.
January-Wednesday 16th 7:15pm Council Chambers
February-Wednesday 20th 7:15pm Council Chambers
March-Wednesday 20th 7:15pm Council Chambers
April- Wednesday 17th 7:15pm Council Chambers
May- Wednesday 15th 7:15pm Council Chambers
June-Wednesday 19th 7:15pm Council Chambers
July-Wednesday 17th 7:15pm Council Chambers
August-Wednesday 7:15pm Council Chambers
September-Wednesday 7:15pm Council Chambers
October-Wednesday 7:15pm Council Chambers
November-Wednesday 7:15pm Council Chambers
December-Wednesday 7:15pm Council Chambers
· The group also feels that a framework is needed to record progress so that agreed milestones can be ticked off if the plan is to be completed within the 18month/2-year time frame. I will try and produce a draft template for this and bring to the meeting.
· During the first three meetings of this year (Jan/Feb/Mar) we need to plan out what groups within the community we are going to contact, what we are going to try and find out from them and how we are going to collect this information. Then we will implement the ‘Scoping Stage’ throughout the summer months ready to begin writing the plan during the autumn of 2019.
· The group will need somebody, possibly 2 members of the Steering Group to begin looking at completing the ‘Expression of Interest Forms’ so that we can get our application for grant finance underway.
· We need to get further details about possibly employing a consultant/consultants to drive the plan forward. Steve Milton (Town Clerk) has sent me details of one such organisation that are willing to come and talk to us about what they may be able to offer, but there will also be others available.
· The group also needs a couple of people to move the ‘Social Media’ side forward. Councillor Lee Glyde is already working on this but may need help. We have briefly discussed branding which we all agree is important, somebody also needs to get this moving so that a ‘Wilton Neighbourhood Plan’ concept is seen in the community and people begin to talk about it.
I look forward to seeing as many of you on Wednesday 16th January.
All information also on the website- www.wiltoneighbourhoodplan.info